As another working week draws to a close, I thought I’d take this opportunity to wave you off into your respective weekends with a couple of announcements… Those of you who are members of our LinkedIn group may already have seen some of these; those of you who aren’t are missing out! Come and join us at the increasingly archaically named ‘Outsource Magazine – Global Community’ group – knock and ye shall be received…
1) Our next Outsource Talks webinar is now just a few days away and I hope as many of you as possible will be joining us to hear from several more titans of the outsourcing space, addressing the usual broad range of compelling topics (I’m expecting plenty of Brexit-related chat…). Outsource Talks #5 is at 3pm UK time (7.30pm India; 10am Eastern; 7am Pacific) Wednesday July 20; for more information and to register, click here – I look forward to seeing all of you there and to putting your questions to the panel.
2) Our writing competition is of course still open – and I thought I should give you another chance to see how you could WIN a seat at SIG University worth over $3,000! For details click here – please, though, make sure you read the rules: I had to reject a submission earlier this month because the author had written a fantastic article on a completely different topic! (All’s well that ends well: you’ll be reading that feature later this year….)
3) On the subject of articles: I’m still looking for input into a feature I announced last month (but which I then had to put on the back burner) about some of the techniques people have developed to ensure success for themselves and their teams. I’d really love responses (of up to 250 words per question – you do NOT need to answer all the questions) from all of you to the following:
- What has been the most successful measure you’ve seen put in place – or have implemented yourself – to improve communication within and between teams involved in an outsourcing project
- What in your opinion is the secret of successful change management, and can you share an example of this in practice?
- What’s the best example you can give of the development of a genuine team spirit and culture during an outsourcing transition?
- Can you share an example of world-class leadership in outsourcing, and why did this matter?
- Can you nominate an unsung hero from your career, and say why this person deserves recognition?
Thanks to those of you who have already submitted responses; the rest of you are more than welcome to join that happy band by getting your own answers to me at email@example.com…
4) Registration is now open for our GBS Roadmap events in association with KPMG, in Zurich, Switzerland (October 4-5) and Copenhagen, Denmark (November 15-16). For more information see my recent column ‘Putting the “G” into “GBS”‘ or check out the series website at www.gbsroadmap.com – these will be fantastic conferences and we hope to see a veritable host of you at one or the other (or indeed both!) later this year.
There’s plenty more I could add but I’ve crammed enough into this article already, I feel, so I’ll leave you in peace for now – but not without thanking all of you for your kind attention and your ongoing support of Outsource, and reiterating that my inbox is always open – again, at firstname.lastname@example.org – to anyone interested in submitting content, offering feedback, sharing news and views or discussing anything else relating to Outsource or the industry. As always, I look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible. Meanwhile, have a great weekend!